Friday, February 22, 2008

Why Purple??


During yesterday's post, I placed a picture of the "Incredible Hulk" in the midst of the rambling. Little did I know it would create a 24 Hour long conumdrum in my mind. There are somethings a superhero can't control about their physical apperance. Daredevil can't help that his eyes are burnt, Martian ManHunter can't help that, well, he's a martian, Wonder Woman can't help that she's hot, and The Incredible Hulk can't help that's he's green (it's part of the chemical reaction that gave him his strength in the first place). But there are certain things that a hero can control about their physical appearance. Such as what they are wearing. Batman looks like a bat, Spiderman has spiderwebs all over his get-up, but the one thing I can't get over is... why does the Hulk have purple pants?! Who wears purple pants?! He looks like he's saving Studio 54, not the world! Give the guy a gold chain and he's the superhero mascot for Mardi Gras. And, why is he always in purple pants. They're always ripped and torn to shreds from his unexpected transformations, so he had to be wearing them as physicist Dr. Bruce Banner (his true idenity). I know only a few physicist, but none of them wear purple pants ever! On top of that, he ruins those pants when he transforms into the Hulk, so he has to keep buying them. Even if he only transforms once a week, that 52 pairs of purple pants a year. Regardless of his fashion sense, he would smash me like a bug. I can picture him reading this mummering "don't make me angry, you don't want to see me when I'm angry." All I know is that Hulk will always protect golfer Ian Poulter and the entire Minnesota Vikings football team because of their similar tastes. Maybe if we all wore purple pants it would help with his little temper problem. While its true that superheroes put their pants on one leg at a time just like everybody else, if your Dr. Bruce Banner, a.k.a. The Incredible Hulk, your pants are purple. Until next time, same Otter-Time, same Otter-Website...

No comments: